- 1 9″ square baked cornbread, or 3 cups cornbread cubes (NOT stuffing mix)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz). can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broken pecans
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cubed Pepper Jack cheese
Take a cornbread (if you can bake bread do it yourself or buy from a bakery).
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the bread into 1″ cubes and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until cubes are light golden brown and toasted. Set aside. Drain and rinse peas and beans and prepare vegetables. In medium bowl, combine salad dressing, salsa, and yogurt, and blend well. Combine with all ingredients in a large serving bowl and toss gently. Serve the Toasted Corn Bread Salad immediately.
Makes 6-8 servings.